09/08/2013

Gypsy in me










Aztec print pants: Cotton On
Wooden Ring: Sarojini Nagar
Vintage jacket

As told by a very close aunt of mine, being a kid I was mad about 'dum maaro dum' song. With messy hair sitting at one corner of the drawing room I used to hum it till the time Zeenat's spirit didn't leave my body :D and the interesting part was that the last 'dum' used to get exaggerated a little too long. 

The rebel Zeenat's character used to and still gets me. 

Since the time I understand fashion, I mean since the time I started putting my mom's makeup secretly, I have always left at least one thing unmade whenever I dress up. Not being bothered about my unwaxed arms and legs, several times I have gone partying. Without combing my hair I have gone for interviews. I assumed that me being comfortable and not too bothered about what people think will make me express myself more and so far it has worked! Honestly, this whole thing of being carefree about such things satisfies the gypsy in me. 

Now why I styled it like this...its because of the Aztec in this look that I wore a plain top with it. Since I paired these ASOS woven brogues, the look demanded some layering you see! I topped  the look with this vintage jacket bought from Paharganj, a leather backpack and threw a statement wooden ring and made my hair how wanted it to be. 
Now shall we sing along
Dum maaro dummmm....


15 comments:

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous in this outfir and this gypsy look totally suits you.
    I was really wondering where did you get the brogues and your backpack from? They are supet cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous in this outfir and this gypsy look totally suits you.
    I was really wondering where did you get the brogues and your backpack from? They are supet cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U have pulled this look off so effortlessly..m amazed.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in
    New Post Up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look. Beautiful pictures.
    Xx
    Rhea
    http://fuss.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a gorgeous look !
    love the carefree styling :)

    http://www.loveplayingdressup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love the look Shelly! :)

    Love
    Ritu
    http://ritu-arya.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous brogues and jeans. I would so steal them from you! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog--following you now.

    Oh to Be a Muse
    Shop Layered Muse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shelly! Found you!!! Amazingggggg styling girl and great photography!!! You have a fan in me!! Will be visiting you more and more often!!! It was soo great meeting you gys!!!! I'm so glad we met in the event and got to know each other!,

    Love,
    Nilu
    www.bighairloudmouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow,you look amazing,love your backpack.Pls post more! Shall we follow each other? I love comment and browse blogs I followed!
    XOXO
    Poppy:
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com
    Pls leave a message if u follow me , i will follow back soon~

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a great style so I follow you now with Bloglovin :) Do the same if you like my blog!
    xx http://wildlysweet.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful blog! I really like your blogdesign and your photos have a good quality. I'd like your suggestion to follow each other on gfc :)
    http://the-fashion-fairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete